<body>
Friday, December 2, 2011

So I have a type after all. I wanted to say it's Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre but it's actually Michael Fassbender (cool last name...I know right???). I finally watched Jane Eyre, the 2011 movie, today with my roomie to spend a festive evening. It was fantastic, especially the strong-spirited Jane Eyre brought to us by Mia Wasikowska and Fassbender's Mr. Rochester. It reminds me of Keira Knightley's Pride and Prejudice from a couple of years ago. I would say P&P had its advantage in better timing of plot and screen writing, but Jane Eyre def. had a better male lead. I love Mr Darcy...but who can resist Fassbender?!!! Plus, he totally looks exactly the same, or has similar attractiveness, as Christian Bale aka Batman aka Bruce Wayne aka Patrick Bateman aka Alfred Bordon aka Dicky Eklund (you see how obsessed I am now?). So, I declare that I have a type. It used to be any guy with dark hair and light eyes. Now it seems more like, Fassbender-Bale type. Except no beard and no severe wrinkles, please.

Also, I wanted to mention my favorite young actresses: Michelle Williams (I know she's like over 30 but she has a lovely face), Carey Mulligan, and Mia Wasikowska. Keira Knightley needs to step up her game, man. She used to be one of the four. But she doesn't have really great roles recently.

So, I strongly suggest you to see these two movies. They are great adaptations of great books. But I warn you, you will be disappointed by St. John Rivers though. He has a very small part and is not a powerful character in the movie. But, they got the most important thing right - Jane & Rochester. And that's all you need.

Labels:



« older | newer »