<body>
Monday, February 27, 2012

Today, Milan made a great comeback from the sucky yesterday (except my fav Dolce&Gabbana of course!)  Great collections from the last important day in Milan...Look forward to the last update and some wrap-ups tomorrow! =]

I've always loved Giorgio Armani's diffusion line (Emporio Armani) better. Maybe because of its youth since I'm young and all. With that said, I love this line as well. My favorite thing about Armani is his cute silhouette that makes women look tinier than they are, without having to pay too much attention on other elements of femininity. They are feminine without being too cute-sy (which I don't like) - a very important quality to differentiate yourself in fashion! My favorites this time are the grey suits at the beginning, really nicely tailored suit jackets throughout, peachy color palette in combo of the basics, and the top hats of course. He also has lots of shorts accompanying his tiny jackets but, as I said earlier about Emporio Armani, I don't quite like them.





Versus is even more Donatella than Versace. (Lmao that sounded funny). But it's true. It's filled with mid-thigh dresses and inspirations taken from their main line. But these are definitely less groomy and dark, but more youthful and pop. Not the best collection out there, but definitely worth checking out.



Dsquared2 (gosh it sucks how this doesn't lemme do superscript...) is like sweet high school bad gal if that makes sens, especially at the beginning. They are one of those brands that go for a pop. This time, it's filled with teased hair, cigarettes, and high school (lol). At the end, models in dresses walk out with their arm-candy prom dates. How cute! These are some great urban chic choices if you ask me.



Roberto Cavalli turns out a lot better than Just Cavalli in my opinion (don't they all?) While I liked the youthfulness in Just Cavalli, they seem to lack sophistication from time to time. But it is a diffusion line afterall. While having their usual animal prints, there are lots of big-ruffle dresses and shiny materials combined with fur and leather. Cavalli is always so sassy. =] Everything is rich and stylish WITHOUT lacking of sophistication. I really hope some celebrity wears this to bring out their inner fierce! Plus, Naomi Campbell walked the finale! :D I love it when designers invite all these runway veterans out (remember Kate Moss at Louis Vuitton?).




Stefano Citron and Federico Piaggi made Gianfranco Ferre absolutely gorgeous since last season. They have since become one of a few brands that I'm excited about. Simplicity at its finest. And this collection once again has become one of my favorites so far. And my #1 for functional warm winterwear. The dresses and gowns with structured tailoring are super classy. Loving the color palette as well. =]


*all runway photos from Style.com

Labels:



« older | newer »