<body>
Friday, February 17, 2012

Here we go guys. Last post of NYFW! This season has been truly amazing and I actually like it far more than the spring season!

This post is gonna start with Proenza Schouler! In my mind PS has always been the one whose cute purses are my favorite and I want all of them. But I was surprised by how amazing this collection turned out to be! Clean cuts with different textures, some eccentricity, and to me, the whole collection is filled with statement making pieces that could be caught on camera by Tommy Ton.





A few collections from whom I selected one photo for each...

Anna Sui put on a happy show once again. (Almost) all the models had a happy face. But her collection always seem to be just a more expensive version of Free People to me...



Monique Lhuillier's gowns are usually my favorite parts of her collections. Here's a gorgeous red carpet worthy gown with really nice details at the neck/bust region.



For some reason I've never been a huge fan of Ralph Lauren runway. All his designs seem really really "American" to me. Not that I could specify how that is. But this simple gown looks gorgeous...


The Red label of Valentino is feminine just like how Valentino always is. Their first presentation is full of cute drawn backgrounds! The dresses are so cute and detailed!



That tall woman L'Wren Scott. This collection is filled with different textures combined with gorgeous colors of fall. The velvet ones are amazing and feminine!



The last collection I wanted to show is Calvin Klein! Calvin Klein is always sounds really clean-cut to me. And this is collection proves it! A simple palette of colors. Leather and matte surfaces of fabrics. And then there are also details like the gold belt, three different necklines...perfection!





So that's it. NYFW. Oh, I've gotta show a few detail shots I saw on Vogue.com.

THE MOST GORGEOUS JEWELRIES! Oh man. These OdlR beauties are killing me! The clean makeup is really amazing as well.


Sun-tanned makeup and hairstyle at Rodarte. I know how weird these might look in person. But somehow I'm really drawn to this look. I also really love the hair and the pop of pink on the eyes. Amazing.

Colorful lids are also in this season. This picture is borrowed from The Beauty Department and it pretty much summarizes the amazing eyemakeup at NYFW. Brows seems to be softer than spring's. And red lips are also in when you don't have lots of eye makeup.


Overall, I would like to sum up my "experience" of seeing these shows by saying that I'm really glad to see some deviations among the designs and some really stand out to me. I also liked the fact that some designers really surprised me and "improved" (not that I'm in the place to say this...). I also would like to sum up my favorites in a few(lol!) categories.(You'll notice I pretty much give everyone an award...) If you are interested, you should right-click the links "open link in new tab" to enjoy these amazing collections!

Best show: Marc Jacobs (The only dramatic one in NY? Pretty much)
Favorite simple chic: Calvin Klein
Favorite casual: 3.1 Phillip Lim
Favorite gowns: Marchesa
Most fabulous: Prabal Gurung
Best leather: Alexander Wang
Best fur: Altuzarra, J Mendel
Best military (did I just create this award for --->): Jason Wu
Best details: Oscar de la Renta
Best future street style (lol!): Proenza Schouler
Most surprising (for me): Naeem Khan, Vera Wang

So how do ya think of this season's NYFW?  What are your favorites?

Labels: ,



« older | newer »