<body>
Friday, April 6, 2012

Fire alarm going off in Honors always provides you with unique experiences. Last time, both Jen and I were watching the latest episode of The Finder on Hulu on a Friday afternoon. I was a little ahead of her. And the episode was set in this giant tornado in Florida. And then suddenly, the fire alarm went off and I was confused for a minute. Literally. It was actually perfect weather outside. But I was thinking...what the hell. How are we supposed to stay outside when there's a huge tornado out there?! Is this a tornado drill? We have to find the missing girl! (The theme of the episode.) And then I realized...

You see, Wednesday night, I was trying to write a history paper on liberty. And I occasionally checked twitter and was chatting to O about her prom dress. Right when she sent me a picture of her dress and before I could check it, there goes the fire alarm again. Thus begins the most boring story I am ever going to tell...

I told my friend who I was chatting with that I have to go outside for a fire drill. And he was like, duck under the bed! (Umm...isn't that for tornado? I'm pretty sure you are gonna be burnt down with the building if it's actual fire...) But dude, I've been under my bed THE WHOLE TIME. Like I am literally sitting under my bed right now just like any other time when I'm in front of my computer. Let's all blame the lofted bed for this...

I only took my iPod with me (as I always do) because I can still check the Internet even if we have to stand outside for a little bit. BUT, I never realize that I get no WiFi once I step out of the building. -.- I saw her dress but I wasn't able to message her back saying how amazing it is. We all stood at our usual place on the side of the building facing Main Street. After one or two fire trucks came, they told us to move away a bit so we went in front of the graduate research building. And then more fire trucks came. Like, I think there were six in total at the end. At first I started taking pictures of the fire trucks using my iPod and was talking to Jen.


You see, fire trucks never actually park on the fire lane, which makes it not a problem for us to park there...right? They just park in the middle of the whole street here like they own this place. After a few pictures, I started showing Jen cute pictures of baby animals and my pillow pet on my iPod. I was saying that maybe I should ask a fireman to save pillow pet for me if they get a chance to go to 5th floor.

And this is just the beginning of a lame night. When there are no more interesting fire truck pictures to take (and believe me, I took a lot of them), I started taking pictures of the most random stuffs possible. Like, a picture of the car parked at the meter right in front of us, our dorm at the angle which I've never taken a picture before, the apartments across Main from us. The list goes on and on.


And then, at this point, I don't even care if the subjects in my pictures are visible any more...Let's play a game called "what's in my picture?" You see that little green sprout? Jen used her phone as the back light so it could show up on my picture.


There are also the scary ghosts of Eileen...


Jen's attractive PJs and someone's triple integral problem with a bunch of hearts below it...


People looking homeless under a street sign and in front of Moe's at almost midnight...


At this point, you are probably like, dafuq?! Yup. That's how Jen and I and many other poor children of USC's Honors college spent an hour and half outside of the dorm when no one is on the streets. Jen and I started taking turns telling each other about our neighbors...starting with the ones on our right. Luckily, we got to go back before she could finish her story about the neighbors facing her house. I guess we have more stuff to talk about next time!

So here's a picture of a baby bunny.


When life gives you bunnies, you set them as your screensaver. Goodnight.

Labels: ,



« older | newer »