<body>
Thursday, January 26, 2012

Feelin' artsy.

 I don't think anyone can pull this off without having the dramatic hairdo or some other crazy ass makeup stuffs. But this is just plain beauty. I'll probably try this out one day when I wake up feelin' like a fucking unicorn.


 Orange eyes. This is a look spotted on Donna Karan runway. You are probably like, seriously? Orange??? YES. I hate the color orange. But this totally worths a try. Quite unique clean makeup look. :) Dunno if I can pull off the light brows though. As you can see, I'm clearly a defined if not over-dramatic brow lover.



Focus on the top picture here. I've been experimenting the "under lid" shadows recently and it's been paying off great. I definitely cannot do under-eye liners because those always end up making my eyes looking even smaller. But a bit color there would be fantastic. The second one is obviously something I do because that person is Asian.


So, why did I have these random eye makeup inspiration photos? There're usually no obvious answers but today, I really want to show yall Maybelline's new addition to their Eye Studio family - Color Tattoo Eyeshadows. They are a bunch of really amazing cream eye shadows and you can see the swatches here. (right click and choose "open link in new tab") The following are the most interesting shades showing in Allison's swatches.

Fierce & Tangy, Pomegranate Punk, Painted Purple, Tenacious Teal, Edgy Emerald

Isn't that the perfect orange??? Maybe that one will actually work (if blended) in the above orange trend that I discussed. But buying a whole orange jar is a bit too much I think. I will see. I'm pretty determined to get the Pomegranate Punk because it's a color that I always use on my lids and THESE DON'T CREASE. The Painted Purple would be ideal for that last one that I talked about - colorful under lids. I don't know about the teal/emerald colors because I already have a cream shadow in baby blue. I tend to not get too many similar colors but to create a diverse collection. But that so called emerald color may be perfect to do a minty lid if blended! So many choices. I believe these are retailed at $6.99 at Ulta. Even better: you can also use their coupons! They might be cheaper at places like Walmart but I haven't checked...


Lastly but not least...May I present this beautiful picture from Keiko's blog. To complete the perfect spring looks, you must need an awesome lip color.


Even though I AM thinking about investing in a very unique opaque Lime Crime lipstick, like D'LILAC, Keiko's picture got me wanting this Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color once again. Her lips in Lovechild is perfection! So soft looking and youthful. Love it! Revlon Lip Butters would also be a less color-intense alternative. I recommend Gumdrop and Strawberry Shortcake for soft lavender/pink colors.


You like?

Photos taken from thebeautydepartment.com, minkette.rebeccaminkoff.com, amarixe.com, and keikolynn.com.

Labels: ,



« older | newer »